- Solid Tumors
- Pipeline Molecules
- Alliance Partners
Our mission is to provide healthcare professionals with unbiased clinical research information, easily.
Currently, you can access the following clinical trials being conducted worldwide:
Clinicaltrials.gov identifier NCT03920319
Recruitment Status Completed
First Posted April 18, 2019
Last update posted April 18, 2019
Randomized, double-blind, before-after controlled trial to assess changes in regional brain activation in response to cigarette-related cues from before to after treatment with bupropion (vs placebo).
Participants assigned to 150mg of bupropion daily for the first 3 days, followed by titration up to 2 pills daily, separated by 8 hours, for the remaining 8 weeks of treatment.
Bupropion 150 mg sustained release
|Placebo Comparator: Placebo
Participants assigned to pill placebo daily for the first 3 days, followed by titration up to 2 pills daily, separated by 8 hours, for the remaining 8 weeks of treatment.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, , Learn About Clinical Studies.-->
- Treatment-seeking cigarette smoker
- Meet DSM-IV criteria for nicotine dependence
- Negative result on urine test for drug use during screening
- History of any Axis I psychiatric diagnosis other than nicotine dependence
- Medical conditions that might affect brain function
- Current use of medications that could alter brain function
- Current illicit drug use other than occasional use of marijuana
University of California, Los Angeles