- Solid Tumors
- Pipeline Molecules
- Alliance Partners
Our mission is to provide healthcare professionals with unbiased clinical research information, easily.
Currently, you can access the following clinical trials being conducted worldwide:
Clinicaltrials.gov identifier NCT03925519
Recruitment Status Completed
First Posted April 24, 2019
Last update posted April 24, 2019
- Physical exercise for 6 months produced significant improvement in adiponectin, hs-CRP, and nitric oxide (NO) and was significantly correlated with adiposity markers, lipid profile and glycemic control factors in both obese and non-obese diabetic patients. - Patients with good physical activity reported a significant decrease in BMI, CHD risk scores, reduced hs-CRP, an increase in the levels of adiponectin and nitric oxide. - In patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus, adiposity markers, lipid profile, hs-CRP, and adiponectin were significantly improved following moderate exercise interventions
To elucidate the potential role of exercise as anti-adiposity and anti-cardio protective modulates, we thought to investigate the effect of supervised aerobic training of moderate intensity on adiposity markers, nitric oxide level, plasma adiponectin, hs-CRP, and its association with CHD risk score in obese and non-obese patients with type 2 diabetes.
|: obese group
obese diabetic group (n= 25, BMI ≥ 30 kg/m2)
Other: Supervised aerobic exercise
Blood samples were obtained from all subjects at 0800 h after an overnight fast before and after the training program Venous blood samples (5 mL) were collected into plain tubes, the samples were allowed to clot for half an hour following which samples were centrifuged for 15 minutes at 2000 rpm. Samples were given a coded study identification number and were stored frozen at 80°C until analysis.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, , Learn About Clinical Studies.-->
- patients with type 2 diabetes for more than 5 years.
- Patients who were diagnosed according to the criteria of the American diabetes
- Not receiving any drugs affecting the data obtained
- had Normal daily diets
- Not participating in any other exercise programs
- Without any musculoskeletal disorders affecting an exercise program
- Exclusion criteria included anemia, overt complications of diabetes like nephropathy,
neuropathy, retinopathy, obvious ischemic heart disease (angina, myocardial
infarction, and lead electrocardiogram abnormalities), HCV, HBV, chronic liver and
kidney diseases, hypothyroidism, and drugs (diuretics; oral contraceptives).
King Saud University