- Solid Tumors
- Pipeline Molecules
- Alliance Partners
Our mission is to provide healthcare professionals with unbiased clinical research information, easily.
Currently, you can access the following clinical trials being conducted worldwide:
Clinicaltrials.gov identifier NCT03927430
Recruitment Status Completed
First Posted April 25, 2019
Last update posted May 1, 2019
Surgical outcome of patients with macular drusen and co-existing abnormalities of the vitreoretinal interface, who routinely undergo pars plana vitrectomy with membrane peeling, is evaluated. Best corrected visual acuity as well as optical coherence tomography data are compared at baseline and last follow up. The rate of development of choroidal neovascularization postoperatively is noted.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, , Learn About Clinical Studies.-->
1. participants diagnosed with ERM or FTMH and co-existing macular drusen;
2. undergone pars plana vitrectomy with ILM and epiretinale membrane peeling;
3. SD-OCT at the initial visit and at last follow up visit with image quality score >30;
4. no evidence of CNV on initial fluorescein angiography (FA).
1. history of other macular disease, severe non-proliferative or proliferative diabetic
retinopathy, other retinal vascular diseases, glaucoma, myopic retinopathy, or other
diseases interfering with OCT images in any one of the eyes;
2. active CNV or history of CNV
Klinikum Chemnitz, Ophthalmology Department
Klinikum Chemnitz gGmbH
Study Chair: Katrin Engelmann, PhD Klinikum Chemnitz