April 30, 2019
June 16, 2020
This study is designed to obtain preliminary data on the safety, acceptability, and feasibility of direct-to-consumer telemedicine abortion in Mexico.
- Woman is pregnant and desires a medical abortion by remote consult (TeleILE)
- Woman has access to internet or equipment for a remote consult
- Woman can provide address to which abortifacient medications will be mailed
- Woman reports no contraindications to medical abortion
- The study site does not suspect an ectopic pregnancy or nonviable pregnancy
- The gestational age allows sufficient time for the woman to take the mifepristone on
or before 70 days of gestation
- A feasible plan is made that the woman agrees to confirm complete abortion and to seek
care to manage incomplete abortion complications
- The woman understands and is likely to comply with study instructions and has granted
informed consent to participate in the study.
- Medically ineligible for procedure.
Contact: Melanie Pena, MPH, MA (212) 448-1230 firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Manuel Bousiéguez, MBA (212) 448-1230 email@example.com
San Cristobal de las Casas
Servicios Humanitarios en Salud Sexual y Reproductiva (SHSSR)
Atención Integral en Ginecología,Medieg A.C.
Centro de Atención Integral a la Pareja, A.C. (CIPA)
Gynuity Health Projects