|Inner Nuclear Macular Microcyst is a Risk Factor for Macular Cystoid Changes After Phacoemulsification in Eyes With Previous Vitrectomy and Macular Pucker Removal|
|Clinicaltrials.gov identifier||recruitment status||First Posted||Last update posted|
|NCT03934190||Completed||May 1, 2019||May 2, 2019|
To evaluate the visual acuity, macular thickness, morphological changes after cataract surgery in eyes with previous vitrectomy for macular pucker. Associated risk factors were also investigated.
|Condition or Disease:||
|Primary Outcome Measures:||
1. Wilcoxon Signed-Rank test [ Time Frame: 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year ]
A statistical comparison of average of different time point
|Secondary Outcome Measures:||
1. visual acuity [ Time Frame: 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 1 year ]
visual acuity change in logMAR in different time point
|Ages Eligible for Study:||50 to 80 Years (Adult, Older Adult)|
|Sexes Eligible for Study:||All|
|Accepts Healthy Volunteers:||No|
- Patients had macular pucker surgery before cataract surgery.
- Follow up over 1 year.
- Patients had any surgical complications such as posterior capsule rupture, vitreous loss, prolapse through the wound or iris trauma
- Patients had diabetes mellitus.
- Patients had uveitis or other inflammatory eye disease.
- Patients had history of retinal vein occlusion.
- Patients had retinal detachment; or previous vitrectomy for a disease other than macular pucker.
|Contacts and Locations|
|Sponsors and Collaborators|
|Changhua Christian Hospital|
|Principal Investigator :||San-Ni Chen, MD||Changhua Christian Hospital|
|Responsible Party :||Changhua Christian Hospital|
|ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier :||NCT03934190|
|Other Study ID Numbers :||141012|
|First Posted :||May 1, 2019|
|Last Update Posted :||May 2, 2019|
|Last Verified :||April 2019|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Drug Product:||No|
|Studies a U.S. FDA-regulated Device Product:||No|
|Keywords provided by Changhua Christian Hospital:||
pseudophakic cystoid macular edema
macular pucker internal limiting membrane peeling
pars plana vitrectomy
|Additional relevant MeSH terms :||