- Solid Tumors
- Pipeline Molecules
- Alliance Partners
Our mission is to provide healthcare professionals with unbiased clinical research information, easily.
Currently, you can access the following clinical trials being conducted worldwide:
Clinicaltrials.gov identifier NCT03935802
Recruitment Status Completed
First Posted May 2, 2019
Last update posted May 2, 2019
The aim of this study was to investigate the systemic effect of radiotherapy on patients with primary non-metastatic breast cancer using CETC and to analyze possible changes in CETC quantity under adjuvant radiotherapy.
In cooperation with the Women's Hospital of the Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, a total of 161 patients with clinically proven, primarily non-metastatic breast cancer were sampled and examined before and after radiotherapy over a period from 09/2002 to 09/2012. The MAINTRAC method was used to quantitatively determine the amount of CETC in the blood and to observe its peritherapeutic course.
|: primary non-metastatic breast cancer
primary non-metastatic breast cancer
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, , Learn About Clinical Studies.-->
- histologically confirmed invasive breast carcinoma
- age >= 18 years
- exclusive treatment at the Jena University Hospital
- complete curative-intended adjuvant or definite radiotherapy
- at least 2 blood collections (before the start of therapy, after the end of the RT)
- presence of metastases
- DCIS, inflammatory breast cancer
- second malignancy <10 years before diagnosis of breast cancer - radiotherapeutic pretreatment
Department of Radiooncology, Jena
University of Jena