- Solid Tumors
- Pipeline Molecules
- Alliance Partners
Our mission is to provide healthcare professionals with unbiased clinical research information, easily.
Currently, you can access the following clinical trials being conducted worldwide:
Clinicaltrials.gov identifier NCT03938753
Recruitment Status Completed
First Posted May 6, 2019
Last update posted May 6, 2019
Phonak Hearing Systems pass through different development and study stages. At an early stage, feasibility studies are conducted to investigate new algorithms, features and functions in an isolated manner. If the benefit is proven, their performance is then investigated regarding interdependency between all available algorithms, features and functions running in parallel in a hearing aid (pivotal/pre-validation studies) and, as a result, they get optimized. Afterwards, and prior to product launch, the Phonak Hearing Systems undergo a final quality control in terms of clinical trials. This is a pre-validation study, investigating optimized algorithms, features, functions and wearing comfort. This will be a clinical evaluation which will be conducted mono centric at Sonova AG Headquarters based in Stäfa (Switzerland).
In this study one CE-labeled Phonak Receiver-in-the-canal (RIC) devices is investigated. The experimental device will be investigated regarding Sound Quality perception ot the T-Coil program. A secondary objective of this study is the investigation of the Overall system stability in daily life situations. The experimental device contains direct connectivity functionality and a T-Coil. The combination of a wireless chip for Bluetooth streaming and a T-Coil in one housing can cause audible artifacts on the T-Coil, which shall be investigated within this study. This will be a clinical evaluation which will be conducted mono centric at Sonova AG Headquarters based in Stäfa (Switzerland).
|Experimental: Phonak Audéo M90-T
The Phonak Audéo M90-T is a Receiver-in-the-canal Hearing aid with direct connectivity functionality and a T-Coil from Phonak which will be fitted to the participants individual Hearing loss.
Device: Audéo M90-T
Receiver in the canal (RIC) Hearing aid form Phonak which will be fitted to the participants individual Hearing loss.
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, , Learn About Clinical Studies.-->
- Adult hearing impaired persons (minimum age: 18 years, moderate to severe Hearing
- Good written and spoken (Swiss) German language skills
- Healthy outer ear
- Ability to fill in a questionnaire (p/eCRF) conscientiously
- Willingness to wear Receiver in the canal hearing aids
- Informed Consent as documented by signature
- Owning a compatible smartphone
- Contraindications to the MD in this study, e.g. known hypersensitivity or allergy to
the investigational product
- Limited mobility and not in the position to attend weekly appointments in Stäfa
- Limited ability to describe listening impressions/experiences and the use of the
- Inability to produce a reliable hearing test result
- Known psychological problems
- Central hearing disorders