- Solid Tumors
- Pipeline Molecules
- Alliance Partners
Our mission is to provide healthcare professionals with unbiased clinical research information, easily.
Currently, you can access the following clinical trials being conducted worldwide:
Clinicaltrials.gov identifier NCT03939416
Recruitment Status Enrolling by invitation
First Posted May 6, 2019
Last update posted March 3, 2021
This clinical research aims to study the effects of the introduction of POLD manual therapy within the protocol of fibromyalgia
This research project aims to generate scientific evidence on the clinical results obtained in the treatment of fibromyalgia, which usually presents with pain and long-term disability, by applying a special form of manual physiotherapy called "POLD concept". This therapy is based on a passive, oscillatory mobilization, performed at a resonance frequency and applied throughout the time of the therapeutic session, on the vertebrae and the muscles of the back, without interruption. It is carried out on the initiative of the research team in "pain treatment", of the physiotherapy school of the University of Lleida, in collaboration with the Omphis Foundation and the clinical service of the Unity of Fibromyalgia of GSS (Hospital Universitarios de Santa María, Lleida)
|Experimental: POLD concept treatment
Patients treated with rhythmic mobilizations according to the POLD concept, in addition to the standart treatment
STANDART Physical exercise: degreed joint mobilization, self muscle elongation and postural correction. Sophrology: mental control of insomnia and painful perception Cognitive behavioral therapy: analysis of non-assertive relationship patterns or dependence, dysfunctional beliefs, as well as their consequences, psychoeducation of the disease. Strategies for pain management, anxiety, assertiveness and acceptance of the disease POLD Rhythmic transversal muscle mobilization in posterior chain musculature. General vertebral decompression from the sacrum and pelvis Metameric subcutaneous mobilization Rhythmic vertebral mobilization from the spinous processes.
|Active Comparator: CONTROL
Patients treated with the standart treatment
STANDART Physical exercise: degreed joint mobilization, self muscle elongation and postural correction. Sophrology: mental control of insomnia and painful perception Cognitive behavioral therapy: analysis of non-assertive relationship patterns or dependence, dysfunctional beliefs, as well as their consequences, psychoeducation of the disease. Strategies for pain management, anxiety, assertiveness and acceptance of the disease
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, , Learn About Clinical Studies.-->
1. Patients diagnosed with Fibromyalgia
2. Patients over 25 years old and up to 65 years old, regardless of whether they are
women or men.
3. Patients who present pain with a minimum value of 5 on the numerical pain scale from 0
to 10, at the time of beginning the study.
4. Presence of these symptoms in a long period (more than 6 months)
1. Patients with a recent traumatic history.
2. Presence of an irradiation component of neurological origin to upper or lower limbs
3. Patients with neurological alterations, both central and peripheral.
4. Patients who are taking opioid-based analgesic medication.
5. Patients with severe spinal malformations.
6. That they are following any other type of treatment, whether manual or physical agents
or alternative or complementary therapies.
7. That they have been treated with infiltrations or similar in a period of less than one
year before beginning the study.
8. Patients with a serious psychiatric history such as schizophrenia or psychopathies.
9. Patients who have vestibular problems that do not tolerate oscillation.
10. Patients with heart failure
11. Existence of judicial process of disability
Specialized hospital unit of fibromyalgia and SD of conical fatigue of L'Hospital Universitari de Santa María (GSS)
Universitat de Lleida
Principal Investigator: Carmen Campoy, PHD Universitat se Lleida
Study Director: Juan Vicente López Díaz, PHD Universitat de Lleida