- Solid Tumors
- Pipeline Molecules
- Alliance Partners
Our mission is to provide healthcare professionals with unbiased clinical research information, easily.
Currently, you can access the following clinical trials being conducted worldwide:
Clinicaltrials.gov identifier NCT03940469
Recruitment Status Completed
First Posted May 7, 2019
Last update posted May 7, 2019
The investigators compared between dexamethasone and dexmedetomidine when added to levobupivacaine in the quality and duration of ultrasound-guided interscalene block during shoulder arthroscopy.
Sixty patients were enrolled and divided into three groups 20 each, Group C received 35ml levobupivacaine+2ml normal saline under ultrasound guided interscalene block. Group H received 35ml levobupivacaine+8mg dexamethasone under ultrasound guided interscalene block. Group D received 35ml levobupivacaine+100umg dexmedetomidine+1ml normal saline. The primary outcome was the postoperative pain which was assessed by Visual analog score(VAS), the secondary outcomes were the onset and duration of sensory and motor block, the total amount of analgesic requirement, and blood cortisol level.
|Placebo Comparator: Control group
received 35ml levobupivacaine+2ml normal saline under ultrasound guided interscalene block.
2 ml normal saline
|Active Comparator: Dexamethasone group
received 35ml levobupivacaine+8mg dexamethasone
Drug: Dexamethasone Injection
8 mg dexamethasone
|Active Comparator: Dexmeteomidine group
received 35ml levobupivacaine+100umg dexmedetomidine+1ml normal saline.
Drug: Dexmedetomidine Hydrochloride
100 microgram dexmedetomidine
Choosing to participate in a study is an important personal decision. Talk with your doctor and family members or friends about deciding to join a study. To learn more about this study, you or your doctor may contact the study research staff using the contacts provided below. For general information, , Learn About Clinical Studies.-->
- Sixty healthy patients ASA I-II
- Aged 18-60 years
- Of both sexes
- Scheduled for shoulder arthroscopy using ultrasound interscalene block were enrolled.
- Patients with a history of any allergic reactions to levobupivacaine, dexamethasone or
- All patients with hypertension, cardiac, hepatic, renal or pulmonary diseases, -
Patients who were under treatment by α2 agonist or antagonists
- Pregnant women
- Psychiatric patients
- Patients with a previous history or clinical evidence of central or peripheral
- Coagulopathy or anticoagulant/antiaggregant therapy
- Contralateral phrenic nerve paresis
- Patients who have an infection at the site of the block.
- Every patient who had an anatomical or vascular abnormality in the upper extremity
were excluded from this study.
Shibīn Al Kawm
Mamdoh Elsayed Lotfy
Osama Abdallah Elsharkawy
Basma Abdelhamid Fathy
Study Director: mamdouh e lotfy, m.d. emeritus professor