May 9, 2019
May 8, 2020
The objective of this study is to measure how the use of Film-Array Pneumonia (FA-PNEU) on respiratory samples of adult patients suspected of acute care pneumonia in the intensive care unit of Saint-Luc University Hospital can accelerate / improve the initiation of the optimal antibiotic treatment.
The main objective of this trial is to confirm/attest/prove the following statement: The use of the FilmArray Pneumonia panel on respiratory samples of critically ill suspected with pneumonia, enables a faster microbiological pneumonia diagnosis and an improved therapeutic management of the patient.
Respiratory samples are treated according to routine laboratory testing : culture, immuno assays AND molecular testing (FilmArray PNEU) of the endotracheal aspirate sample 24 hours a day.
Diagnostic Test: FilmArray Pneumonia
FilmArray Pneumonia testing of tracheal sample
- Adult patients 18 years, remaining at the intensive care of the Saint-Luc University
- Recently transferred from emergency care with Community acquired Pneumonia of grade 4
- With a Ventilation acquired Pneumonia suspicion
Suspicion will be based on symptoms, clinical, biological and radiological criteria.
- Patients from whom no respiratory sample can be obtained
- Patients benefitting from palliative care
- Insufficient volume of the respiratory sample after routine testing to perform the
Contact: Alexia VERROKEN, MD, PhD +3227646766 email@example.com
Contact: Pierre-François LATERRE, MD, PhD pierre-françois.firstname.lastname@example.org
Cliniques Universitaires Saint-Luc
Cliniques universitaires Saint-Luc- Université Catholique de Louvain
Principal Investigator: Alexia VERROKEN Cliniques universitaires St-Luc